- Journal: I find that there is so much going on in my busy brain that a daily release of it onto the page really helps me find calm and clarity. It’s especially good for me to do this before bed.
- Creative Time: Whether it’s writing in this blog, making a collage, dancing or developing a workshop, having creative time connects me to my spirit, a necessity for my mental health.
- Honey Time: Spending time with Justin is a sure-fire way to ramp up my joy and make me feel fine, whatever’s going on that day.
- Embracing the Day: When I’m so busy, tired or stressed that I’m zooming through life without experiencing it, that’s a recipe for disaster. For me, connecting with the day through my senses – enjoying the smell of my shampoo, tasting that first hot sip of coffee, curling up between soft bamboo sheets – brings me to the present and connects me to life.
- Going for a Walk: Especially because I work from home, I find it opens me up to go out for a walk. Taking in the world around me and moving my body releases the busy brain and make room for inspiration.
You know, I thought this would be a positive and fun meme to do but as I wrote it, I discovered it’s more than that. These are truly 5 things that I can easily do every day to contribute to my wellness and my joy. This feels like an invitation!
Thanks for sharing this with us Jamie! It does feel like an invitation…